One hundred years ago this October, just before the end of World War I, Czechoslovakia declared independence from the Austro-Hungarian Empire. While these are basic historical facts you might expect every schoolchild to know, a newly released poll shows that almost 1 in 5 adults cannot name an event from 1918 – and even fewer knew the basic history of more recent decades.
- Foreign Ministry summoned Russian ambassador summoned over Prague flats
- Prague ferry lines to resume operation on Saturday
- Turkey foreign ministry denounces claims of President Miloš Zeman
- Ikarie XB1: New release for Czech sci-fi classic that foreshadowed Star Trek and 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Brno scientists create sun protection cream for albinos in Ghana